Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pick - Em NFL Week #1 Picks

Week 1


Vikings @ Saints -5
I like the Vikings here. Yes the Saints are the defending Super Bowl Champs but I never really believed into their hype with their D especially. Considering the Vikings are getting 5 points here, take them.

Dolphins -3 @ Bills
The Bills are garbage. They have no firepower on offense and they have a Swiss-cheese D. With the Dolphins only giving 3 points, I think this is a steal.

Raiders @ Titans -6.5
The Titans are clearly the better team here, yet the Raiders D is getting stronger. The Titans should win this game with CJ hopefully dominating, but I don’t know if they can cover. Take the Titans cautiously.

Broncos -2.5 @ Jaguars
I don’t like Kyle Orton as a QB and I don’t think that Moreno can carry the whole team. MJD will be running everywhere. I like the Jags, especially getting points.

Panthers @ Giants -7
If Eli doesn’t play as retarded as he looks, the Giants will be a good team. If the D can step up and play better then last year, I don’t see why they can’t win here, especially giving a touchdown. Giants.

Colts -2.5 @ Texans
Can’t see why this spread is so small. The Texans do have a high power offense and play well against the Colts, but I mean who can deny Peyton. The Colts will go as far as he can take them. Take the Colts confidently.

Falcons -2.5 @ Steelers
The Steelers are going to struggle without Big Ben, as I don’t think there good enough without him. I like the Falcons here, but its going to be a close game I think.

Browns @ Bucs -2.5
This game sucks. It’s two bottom barrel teams going at it, when in the end may come down to that respective team’s only win for a while, however if I had to pick, I’d take the new and improved Browns.

Bengals @ Patriots -4.5
T.O and Ocho can’t talk there way to a win here, as the Patriots will be the team in this game. I don’t think the points will be tough to cover here, there two powerful of an offense.

Lions @ Bears -6

This may be a shocker here, but I like the Lions here. It may be the only time I’ll think they can win compete, but the Bears are not the Bears of old and 6 points is a lot to cover.

Packers -3 @ Eagles
Two very good teams here, but Aaron Rodgers is their post-Favre savior. He scores in bunches and is a fantasy god. 3 points should be nothing for the Packers to cover.

49ers -3 @ Seahawks
I want to see what Pete Carol brings to the table before I jump on board. Plus the 49ers D is a force and Frank Gore is going to be a monster for them. 49ers.

Cardinals -3.5 @ Rams
The retirement of Warner will not be good for the Cardinals, as Derek Anderson is not a starting QB in the NFL. I like them here solely because they are playing the lowly Rams.

Cowboys -3.5 @ Redskins
The Redskins will give good competition to the NFC East this year with a coach who can handle the high-money players down there, but the Cowboys are still a better team. Cowboys are good here.

Ravens @ Jets -2.5
It’s going to be a hard-knock first game for the Jets in Week 1. The Ravens are going to be a force in the AFC this year. The Jets have a great D, especially with Revis signed, but the Ravens match-em in that department, but have the better QB of the teams. Ravens win here with the points.

Chargers -4.5 @ Chiefs
Ahhh the San Diego Chargers. The Chargers are going to score at will in this game, as Rivers is going to come out looking strong. The question will be if their D can stop them and look like a great D should look like. Chargers win the game and cover the spread here.

Lock of the Week- Dolphins

4 comments:

  1. What - After your first pick - why should I go any further??? Farve is ready for the glue factory - his glory days are over!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picks are pretty spot on, however, it is week one where anything can happen which is a no no in my eyes for placing bets, you gotta give the teams a week to really see if teams are for real or not...the only pickes I disagree with are the Vikings and Giants...I dont think the Vikings will be able to handle the superdome that is going to be ROCKING..Giants will win, but i dont think they will cover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Ok..I get it.. Vikings was a little bit iffy. Went of off last year's NFC champ game and how the Vikings should have won that. New season I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vikings didnt win, but didnt let the Saints cover....good pick right there with the Viks...would have had it too if extra point didnt get blocked

    ReplyDelete